Welcome to Medical Spa MD and our growing community.
This page details just about everything you'll need to know about how to use the system, upload and post articles, create links and interact with our growing community. You may want to bookmark this page. If there's something that you can't find here, please contact your editor or Jeff directly at jeffbarson at gmail .com.
Basic Posting To The Blog
Tips To Remember
About your account:
- Login from anywhere on the site by hitting the 'Esc' key on your keyboard.
- Please login whenever you comment!
- The author page is here: http://medicalspamd.com/authors/
- After posting, your article will be in 'Draft' status. You should be able to see it in the queue but it will not be published until we format and schedule it.
- Please don't double-space between sentences.
To create a new draft post:
Things to Remember: Do's and Dont's
- Login to the site every time you comment. Your photo icon will appear next to your comment and identify you as an author. (You can login from anywhere on the site just by hitting the ESC key on your keyboard.)
- Engage and answer questions. You'll get questions or comments on your posts. Engaging with the community will build both trust and respect.
- Don't promote your company, product, or yourself. If your discussions and comment share genuine insights – you will be noticed anyway and people will look at your profile, and therefore look at your blog or website. Self-promotion doesn't go over well with our audience.
Here are some ideas to get you started with a post:
- What is your opinion of: a technology, manufacturer, software, treatment, training, organization, conference, society, or company...
- Studies you've read that are of interest.
- Conferences you've attended and what you thought.
- Conversations with your peers.
- Stories always work: Tell stories about your experiences.
- How you do something: prevent embezzling by your staff, clean your IPL heads, conduct interviews, perform consultations, or market your clinic.
- Respond publicly to a question you received.
- Clinical How To's: What guage needle you use for a specific treatment, filler techniques around the vermillion border, skin care recommendations after IPL, sclerotherapy injection points...
- What are the legalities of cosmetic medicine, oversight, malpractice, licensure where you are?
- Where do you see differences/similarities with other physicians based on location/training?
- What do you know that others don't?