Cosmetic Staff Training & Education
The Medical Spa Training Study Courses for Medical Estheticians, Laser Technicians and Med Spa Staff from Medical Spa MD, the leading community of physicians in non-surgical cosmetic medicine.
Your medical spa staffs knowledge and expertise is a critical component to your success. Now it's easy to train every new hire on what cosmetic procedures you offer, how they work, and what alternatives there are. Ensure that your front desk, estheticians and laser technicians have the information that they need to answer patient questions with confidence.
From IPL training to skin typing, Botox, Restylane, and Juvederm filler injections, the Medical Esthetician Training Manual & Study Guide, and the Advanced IPL & Laser Training for Non-physicians is part of your Medical Spas success.
For the first time, your laser clinic or medspa staff has the latest information on the newest nonsurgical medical treatments, from Botox, Restylane, and the newest filler injections, to fractional CO2 laser resurfacing and IPL treatments and you have a uniform and tested training system.
These training manuals are available immediately after purchase via download and are a must have for any serious cosmetic clinic.
Advanced IPL & Laser Training Manual
The Advanced IPL & Laser Training Manual for Non-Physicians is required training material for every new hire working in a medical spa.
Your staffs education and understanding is the single most important factor in the sucess of your medspa, palstic surgery, or dermatology practice. Give your staff the materials that will make you successful.
Scroll down to view the Table of Contents or
Download the Advanced IPL & Laser Training TOC here.
Advanced IPL & Laser Training - $227
Table of Contents
- 5 --- Fundamentals of Aesthetics Lasers, Preface, History of Lasers
- 6 --- Birth of the Laser
- 7 --- Electromagnetic Spectrum, Wavelengths, Frequency
- 8 --- Joules, What Causes Waves?, Properties of Wave Function
- 9 --- Laser Effect on Tissue, Aesthetic Lasers , Laser Classifications
- 10 -- Noninvasive & Minimally Invasive Lasers
- 11 -- Nonablative Lasers & Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- 14 -- Ablative & Invasive Lasers
- 16 -- Safe Use of Lasers
- 17 -- Symptoms of Laser Eye Injury
- 18 -- Technical Guidelines for Eye Safety , Safety Practices in the Laser Suite
- 19 -- State Regulations
- 22 -- Laser Applications, Patient Selection
- 23 -- Skin Color
- 24 -- Skin Typing, The Fitzpatrick Classification Scale
- 26 -- Medical History
- 27 -- Physical Examination
- 28 -- Contraindications for Treatment, Topical Anesthetics and Pain Relief
- 29 -- Hair Removal
- 30 -- Anatomy of the Hair Follicle
- 31 -- Growth Phases of Hair
- 32 -- Melanin
- 33 -- Laser and Light Devices for Hair Removal
- 34 -- Long Pulse Ruby Laser
- 35 -- Long Pulse Alexandrite Laser, Diode Laser, Short Pulse, Q-Switched Nd:YAG 1064nm, Long Pulse Nd:YAG 1064nm
- 36 -- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), Contraindications, Procedure
- 37 -- Post Treatment
- 38 -- Photorejuvenation, Contraindications, Hyperpigmentation, Solar Lentigines, Freckles, Melasma and Chloasma , Skin Lightening Agents, Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Arbutin, Azelaic Acid, Topical Retinoids, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Facial Telangiectasias, Rosacea, Acne Vulgaris, Etiology of Acne, Medical Treatment Modalities, The Use of Lasers in Treating Acne, Vascular Lesions, Blood Vessel Anatomy, Types of Vascular Anomalies Treated With Lasers, Telangiectasia, Rosacea, Leg Veins, Varicose Veins, Cherry Hemangiomas, Vascular Birthmarks, Skin Tightening, Skin Tightening Devices, Expected Results, Skin Tightening Devices At-A-Glance, Introduction to Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion, Dermabrasion, Microdermabrasion, Crystallized Microdermabrasion, Crystal-Free Microdermabrasion, Vibration Microdermabrasion, Post-Procedure, Introduction to Chemical Peels, Patient Assessment, Treatment, Light Peel, Medium-depth Peel, Jessner’s TCA Peel, Deep Peel, Understanding Injectables, Dermal Fillers, Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Restylane®, Juvéderm™, Captique, Hylaform™, Calcium Hydroxylapitite Radiesse®, Poly-L-Lactic Acid Sculptra®, Botox® Cosmetic, Glossary of Terms
Medical Aesthetics Training Manual & Study Guide
The Advanced Medical Spa Aesthetics Training Course & Study Guide is a two part learning curriculum for non-physicians.
With 165 pages of quality content, this course is delivered in two parts that include a text book and a study guide. Use this course to train your staff and give them the information they need to make your medical spa a success.
Scroll down to view the Table of Contents or
Download Medical Spa Aesthetics Training Course TOC here
Medical Aesthetics Training Manual & Study Guide - $247
Table of Contents
- 5 --- Preface
- 6 --- Chapter 1 – Understanding Injectables, Understanding Injectables
- 7 --- FDA Approved, Bovine Collagen
- 8 --- Injection Process:, Porcine Collagen - EVOLENCE®
- 9 --- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
- 10 -- Restylane®
- 11 -- JuvédermTM
- 12 -- Captique, HylaformTM
- 13 -- Perlane®, Calcium Hydroxylapitite Dermal Filler, Radiesse®
- 14 -- Poly-L-Lactic Acid Dermal Fillers Sculptra®
- 16 -- Non-Filler Injectables, Botox® Cosmetic, DysportTM (Reloxin)
- 18 -- Chapter 2 – Fitzpatrick Skin Typing, Fitzpatrick Skin Typing
- 22 -- Skin Classification by Ethnicity Type
- 24 -- Chapter 3 – Dermabrasion & Microdermabrasion, Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion, Dermabrasion
- 25 -- Microdermabrasion, Crystallized Microdermabrasion
- 26 -- Crystal-free Microdermabrasion
- 30 -- Chapter 4 – Chemical Peels Introduction, Introduction to Chemical Peels, Desquamation:
- 31 -- Preparing the Patient for a Peel, Hydroxy Acids
- 32 -- Types of Hydroxy Acids, Jessners Peel
- 33 -- TCA Chemical Peels
- 34 -- Bakers-Gordon/Bakers Phenol
- 36 -- Chapter 5 – Fundamentals of Aesthetic Lasers, History of Lasers, Birth of the Laser
- 37 -- Electromagnetic Spectrum, Wavelengths
- 38 -- Frequency, Joules, What Causes Waves?
- 39 -- Properties of Wave Function, Laser Effect on Tissue
- 41 -- Chapter 6 – Laser Classifications, Laser Classifications
- 42 -- Noninvasive & Minimally Invasive Lasers, Non-ablative Lasers & Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- 46 -- Ablative & Invasive Lasers
- 48 -- Chapter 7 – Safe Use of Lasers, Safe Use of Lasers
- 50 -- Symptoms of Laser Eye Injury, Technical Guidelines for Eye Safety
- 52 -- State Regulations
- 56 -- Chapter 8 – Laser Applications, Laser Applications, Patient Selection
- 57 -- Skin Color, Laser Burn, Medical History 57
- 59 -- Physical Examination
- 60 -- Chapter 9 – Topical Anesthetics & Pain Relief, Topical Anesthetics and Pain Relief
- 61 -- Mechanical Cooling Devices, Nerve Blocks
- 62 -- Chapter 10 – Light Based Hair Removal, Hair Removal
- 63 -- Anatomy of the Hair Follicle
- 64 -- Growth Phases of Hair
- 65 -- Melanin
- 66 -- Laser and Light Devices for Hair Removal
- 68 -- Long Pulse Ruby Laser, Long Pulse Alexandrite Laser, Diode Laser, Short Pulse, Q-Switched Nd:YAG 1064nm
- 69 -- Long Pulse Nd:YAG 1064nm, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- 71 -- Post Treatment
- 72 -- Chapter 11- Photorejuvenation, Photorejuvenation
- 74 -- Hyperpigmentation, Solar Lentigines, Freckles
- 75 -- Melasma and Chloasma, Skin Lightening Agents, Hydroquinone 75
- 76 -- Kojic Acid, Arbutin
- 77 -- Azelaic Acid, Topical Retinoids, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Facial Telangiectasias
- 78 -- Rosacea
- 80 -- Chapter 12 – Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris 80, Etiology of Acne 80
- 82 -- Medical Treatment Modalities, The Use of Lasers in Treating Acne
- 85 -- Chapter 13 – Vascular Lesions, Vascular Lesions, Blood Vessel Anatomy
- 86 -- Types of Vascular Anomalies Treated With Lasers, Telangiectasia
- 87 -- Rosacea
- 88 -- Leg Veins
- 89 -- Varicose Veins, Cherry Hemangiomas, Vascular Birthmarks
- 91 -- Chapter 14 – Skin Tightening, Skin Tightening, Skin Tightening Devices 91
- 93 -- Skin Tightening Devices At-A-Glance
- 95 -- Chapter 15 – Laser Skin Resurfacing, Ablative Resurfacing Lasers
- 96 -- Non-Ablative Resurfacing Lasers (1064, 1440, 1500, 1540nm)
- 97 -- Fractional Technology, Radio Frequency (RF) Devices
- 98 -- Plasma Skin Resurfacing Lasers
Get all 3 and save almost $200!
Medical Aesthetics Training Manual & Study Guide AND The Advanced IPL & Laser Training Manual
Buy the Medical Spa Aesthetics Training Course & Study Guide
AND the IPL & Laser Training course and save almost $200!
Medical Spa Aesthetics Training, Study Guide, AND Advanced IPL & Laser Training - $297Download Advanced IPL & Laser Training TOC
Download Medical Spa Aesthetics Training Course TOC
These training manuals are a critical component to the success of any Laser Center, Med Spa, Plastic Surgery or Cosmetic Dermatology practice. Use them to train every new medical spa staff member on what cosmetic procedures are available, how they work, and what alternatives there are.
These training and study courses are already being used in leading medical spas and laser clinics right now to provide every new esthetician and laser tech with current information about cosmetic information, and test their knowledge before they're hired.
Medical Spa MD Terms of Purchase
Here's the legal stuff you need to know. By purchasing products from or recommended by Medical Spa MD you agree to be bound by and accept these purchase terms:
All Medical Spa MD training manuals are delivered electronically as PDFs.
No Warranty or Claim: Medical Spa MD does not warranty or make any claim that the product descriptions or information provided is accurate or that products or services purchased will meet buyers expectations.
Delivery Times: We'll try to have all electronic purchase in your mits within 24 hours but please be patient. (Sometimes we like to go on vacation.) At times it make take 72 hours or more to deliver.
Electronic Returns or Exchanges: Unfortunately, due to the nature of electronic delivery, any item delivered electronically may not be returned or exchanged.
Electronic Copyright or Distribution: Buyer agrees that all purchases are copyrighted by Medical Spa MD and may not be reproduced, edited, changed, printed, copied, shared, used or distributed in any way and are intended exclusively for the personal use of the single buyer and no more than 15 individual employees of that buyer at a single location. Buyer further agrees that any other use violates these terms. For any use other than the training of staff at a single clinic, Medical Spa MD must agree to that use in writing.