A girl and her horse blog.
This is entirely off topic.
I built a blog for my daughter. I thought this was a good idea for a number of reasons. First, she loves horses and if I'm going to have to continue to pay for shoeing, vet bills, feed and training. (Of course, Dad doesn't get it.) My wife certainly does.
Blogs are a way of harnessing technology to create a community and disseminate information. This site is an example. While there may be trouble lurking around the net for 13 year old girls, there is also opportunity.
Our goals with this new pony site are:
Pony Tail Club will be completely kid safe, friendly and positive. If you have anyone interested in reading the ongoing reality show saga of girls who love horses, please send them a link.
- Give Madison (our daughter) a place to express herself and gain positive feedback. Gramsie & Gramps, Yaya & Papu, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and fellow academy riders can all be counted on to provide this.
- Provide a method that by itself teaches consistency and self motivation.
- Provides and outlet where she can express her love for riding.
- Offers some experience in building something of value that people want.
- Lets her generate income that's a direct result of her own efforts (with parental help and moderation).
Interestingly, I just put the site up yesterday and there are already 30 rss subscribers. That is extremely unusual. Perhaps we've hit an untapped market.