Medical Spa MD is a community of 28,000+ plastic surgeons, dermatologists, & aesthetic physicians practicing cosmetic medicine worldwide. FREE Medical Spa Deals for Clinicians

About   |   Advertise   |   Press   |   Contact

Sponsors & Friends

cosmetic fillers ad

Medical Spa RX Group Buy Program.

medical spa design and advertising

Graphic Design for Medical Spas

Waiting Room Video DVD Marketing

The very best bang for your buck cosmetic marketing!
Watch demo Frontdesk waiting room videos and DVDs.

Medical Spa Training Manuals

Medical spa & laser clinic staff training manuals.

2nd MD
2nd MD - Boarded US physicians work from anywhere.
Medical Justice
Relentlessly protecting physicians from frivolous lawsuits.

More control of your income, career, and lifestyle as a physician.
Read our terms
Newest Comments

Medical Spa MD is a world-wide physician community for clinicians in skin clinics, laser centers and medspas with thousands of physician members around the world. By using this site you agree to our terms of service and fine print.

« Scar Management Techniques for Surgeons | Main | Hysterectomy & Panniculectomy Combined In One Surgery? »
Friday
Sep252015

Motivations for Cosmetic Procedure in Numbers

Great news for Med Spa practitioners! American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) studies reveal that nearly 75% of adult men and women in Texas are considering or have had a cosmetic procedure on the face or neck. The other 25% of the 160 Texans surveyed are undecided, which suggests most people in Dallas have a never-say-never attitude about having nips and tucks.

Here are the survey results about the motivations why Texans are interested in aesthetic surgery:

  •  22% say that they were frustrated because of their pictures on social media
  •  31% of the men, compared to 19% of the women were more concerned about looking better in their selfies
  • 13% were motivated because of upcoming major life events, such as a wedding celebration, 
  • 15% were motivated to go under the knife, laser, needle and more in order to remain professionally competitive
  • nearly 33% of the men said they considered facial plastic surgery to stay competitive in the workforce, compared to 10% of women
  • 40% said they’re most bothered by their necks
  • 39% are bothered by their eyes
  • 33% are bothered by their lips, followed by noses and foreheads

According to AFPRS President Stephen S. Park, M.D., 

Over the last five years, the selfie craze has exploded across all age groups. Photographs on social media can deliver a distorted image of reality, holding up a magnifying glass to flaws, real or perceived. This is causing plastic surgery requests to skyrocket in both teens as well as adults.

More on:http://cosmeticsurgerytimes.modernmedicine.com/cosmetic-surgery-times/news/nip-tuck-survey-why-texans-want-treatment

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>

Join Medical Spa MD

captcha
MEDICAL SPA MD
Medical Spa MD

A community of dermatologists, plastic surgeons, laser clinics, & skin clinics world wide.

Medical Spa MD is a world-wide community of physicians and clinicians practicing cosmetic medicine. Please read our Terms of Service, Advertising Terms and Privacy Policy.

Copyright © 2011. All rights reserved.

LEGAL NOTICE & TERMS OF SERVICE