There are more theories of aging than facts. Aging clearly occurs at different rates for different species, and even within a species, aging occurs at different rates among different individuals. The only reasonable conclusion is that aging must be genetically controlled, at least to some extent. Both within and between species, lifestyle and exposures may alter the aging process.
Entries by Medical Spa MD (1210)
Natural hormone replacement therapy (NHRT) is a misnomer. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BNRT) is the proper term. This article explains the important differences and why you should use Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
There are many medical anti-aging options available today, but most are less effective and more time consuming than the newest batch of non-invasive cosmetic medicine. With the popularity of these treatments skyrocketing, it may not be difficult to find a service provider. Before booking an appointment, remember, this is a medical procedure. Taking the time to locate a qualified practitioner within a medical spa ensures your safety and satisfaction.
Use the following tips to select your provider:
1. Opt for a consultation before booking any treatment. Use this opportunity to check out the medical spa's physicians and staff.
2. Pay attention to your comfort level with the staff and level of customer service provided. Are your questions and concerns addressed to your satisfaction? Are you treated warmly and with respect? It is important that you feel comfortable and trust your provider.
3. Inquire if a physician is always present in the facility and sees every patient before they are treated. State laws (as well as medical ethics) require that a medical doctor physically be on site to monitor laser or medical treatments. If there is not a physician on-site, they are breaking the law and putting their patients at risk.
4. Determine the specialty of the staff physicians. Physicians who specializes only in non-surgical / non-invasive medicine, is preferable to a general dermatologist or plastic surgeon, for example. Many doctors are buying a piece of technology, taking an hour long class, and branding themselves an expert. Look around. If the clinic is run by a plastic surgeon, how can he specialize in non-surgical treatments?
5. Ask how many different medical devices they have. If the answer is just one or two, they aren’t really specializing in non-invasive medicine and are probably an “add-on” clinic. Look for a clinic that has multiple devices of different types.
6. Make sure that your skin type is accurately determined if you’re having a laser or IPL treatment. If your skin type is determined with a questionnaire, go elsewhere. Questionnaires have been determined to be inaccurate 70% of the time. The best clinics use a special “skin-type” meter (spectrophotometer) to scientifically determine exactly how much melanin is in the treatment area.
7. Discuss any issues for your skin type that may arise during treatment. You'll want to know side effects to expect, or if a specific piece of equipment is best suited for you. A knowledgeable professional is willing to discuss your concerns, and is familiar with options.
The key to finding the right provider is to actively research your options, and voice your needs. You want to only work with a specialized medical practice; one that addresses your concerns and welcomes your questions. Managing your treatment will improve the level of care you receive, and your satisfaction with the procedure's results.
The aging process has an effect on our skin tone and overall appearance. Over time, the skin looses elasticity and begins to drape. Lines form between the nose and the mouth, as well as the eyes. Jaw lines become droopy and fatty deposits can form. While no procedure can reverse the aging process, there are surgical and non-surgical methods for addressing the toll it takes on your skin.
Pointé Lifts were developed to provide an alternative to traditional surgical lifts (face, brow, neck, thigh, breast and even the derriere) without cutting, stretching, stitches or recovery time. This new technique involves placing a small, special suture under the skin through a tiny needle hole. These sutures hold the skin in the desired location in much the same way as surgical techniques. After the procedure the skin quickly flattens out with its own natural tension. Local anesthetic is all that is required for the procedure allowing the patient to resume normal activities immediately. The result is a completely natural-looking lift without cutting, scars, recovery time or the “stretched look of traditional surgical lifts. Best of all, they're completely reversible.
Clear² PDT Fotofacials are the most effective fotofacial treatment for acne, sun-damage, unwanted pigment, rosacea, actinic keratosis and even pre-cancerous skin cells. A solution containing 5-Aminolevulinic Acid (ALA) is applied topically to the skin. This medication is absorbed down through the dermis at a predictable rate and is absorbed by more quickly by fast-replicating cells like actinic keratosis and pre-cancerous cells and makes acne-causing bacteria P. acnes photoactive, allowing a special light e.g. BLU-U, V Beam or IPL to target and kill the bacteria.
Liposolve micro-injections are a physician-administered treatment that uses an organic human compound to gently dissolve fat cells anywhere in the body without the surgical trauma of liposuction surgery. Common treatment areas include under the eyes, abdomen, thighs, necks, jowls, and- of course- those ever-pesky love handles. Best of all, there’s no recovery time and the fat cells are gone forever. Three to four treatments are usually scheduled at intervals. This “time lapse” method provides many advantages during the course of treatment to achieve optimal results.
Thermage is FDA approved for tightening and thickening skin without surgery. This non-invasive choice is particularly attractive for patients who don’t want to undergo the more drastic effects of a traditional surgical facelift and its associated recovery period. Thermage uses a radiofrequency (RF) technology to heat the deep layers of the skin while protecting the skin’s outer layers with a cooling cryogen spray. This deep heating promotes immediate collagen contraction beneath the skins surface and generates new collagen growth over time.