If the clients won't come to you, then you can go to your clients. At least for product sales, that is. A new trend that many aesthetic practices are adopting is online product sales. It's attractive for many reasons:
- It adds an accommodating service to your current client base who may be too busy to stop in and pick up their products. Convenience is the way of life these days!
- It introduces your practice to new customers.
- It brings in revenue that you may not have been exposed to before.
- It's relatively easy to manage and doesn't require much staff time (i.e., low overhead).
- It gives you the opportunity to stand out when compared to other competitive practices in your area.
- And, it can even raise your SEO ranking!
Concerned about the cost of shipping products? No worries! The U.S. Postal Service now offers cost effective Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes in various sizes. So, if it fits, it ships!
Want to make your product line even more attractive and personalized? Try custom label packaged products like the ones from Concept Labs, CBI Laboratories, or Natural Skin Care to name a few. In fact, there are so many companies providing private label skin care products today that you can be very particular with ingredients and additives. Just perform an online search for "private label skin care" and many companies will come up in your search results.
Some practices offer relaxing CDs for sale, aromatherapy products, sleep masks, robes, and many other comfort items that create a sense of personalization with their clients and prospective clients.
How do you add an online store to your website? Companies such as Go Daddy offers "Quick Shopping Cart®", and there's X-Cart®, to name two. Like many internet-based businesses, there are a ton of them. Just use the search terms "online shopping software" and see what comes up!
What comes up then could be your practice's revenue in an area which probably could use a little boosting!
Author: Paula D. Young RN runs internal operations and training at Young Medical Spa and is the author of the Medical Spa Aesthetics Course, Study Guide, and Advanced IPL & Laser Training course for medical estheticians and laser technicians.
Submit a guest post and be heard.