There have been a tremendous number of changes to Medical Spa MD over the last years. Certainly there will be more. In fact, there are some rather large changes coming.
When I started Medspa MD it was to build a platform from which to recruit physicians as I grew the number of clinics I was running. Almost immediately the site became a platfrom on which doctors started to exchange infomation with each other. As thos of you who have been part of our community can attest, this didn't fare well for a number of IPL and laser companies as well as certain medical spa franchises. (I'm still waiting for the medical spa franchise model I like.)
But I digress.
Medical Spa MD has gone through a number of changes; from a blog to a community, and now there are some additional changes in the works that will grow this site into what is effectively a portal.
In the past week I've had telephone calls with; three plastic surgery and dermatology 'patient community' web sites, a medical association, a medical services company, and I've got a phone call this week with a large asthetic medical trade show and event organizer. There seems to be more than a little interest in what's gong on.
There are a number of capabilities of this site that have been introduced and will shortly be turned on including:
- Membership Login that will give you access to specific, non-public areas.
- You'll be able to subscribe to individual pages and have updates delivered to your email whenever there's new content.
- The Select Partner will launch and Members will be able to see discounted products and services that aren't available to the general physician population.
- A Medical Spa Directory is being built that will allow patients to find Members that are closest to the.
- Listings will be enabled that will allow individual physicians to answer questions, link to their site, have a medial spa specific blog, before and after galleries, email contatacts and form building and submission.
- Before and after treatment galleries for individual technologies like Thermage, Fraxel, Portrait, IPL, CO2 Laser Ablation, etc. (Perhaps we'll break that down into technology companies like Palomar, Cutera, and Alma.)
- Patient Memberships will be enabled that provide patient-centric content. (Perhaps they'll be able to recieve treatment informaton from local medspas.)
We'll that's a top-of-the-head list. I'm sure I've missed something but it's late.